Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Our 1st Family CHRISTmas!

I am so excited for this year's CHRISTMAS! Usually I am stressed to the max, but at church a few weeks ago the talks were amazing and really put me in the right mind set.  They spoke on the true meaning of Christmas.  About how this day is not about buying gifts, or shopping, but about our Savior!  I bought gifts for the people I wanted to buy for and I didn't get sucked into buying because I had to or because I got this person on so now I have to get this person something.  Ugh that kind of thinking drives me crazy. haha  I went overboard on Cole this year.  He deserves it though.  Cole  is the best husband.  He loves me so much and finds new ways to show me.  He is the greatest father. He comes home from work and scoops Finnagian up and loves on him.  He even plays dinosaurs with him.  Finn loves being chased and "eaten".  Cole will pull his arms up like a T Rex , growls and stalks his prey around our house.  We are so thankful for Cole's job and the work he has been able to do.  Even though we are not able to be with our parents and siblings , Cole and I have been able to make Carlsbad feel like home and Christmas.  It sure has helped that we got SNOW a few days before Christmas.  Cole and I were going to go sand sledding at the sand dunes, but with all the snow we are holed up in our cozy home.  It has made the world of difference this special time of  year.  Cole and I did not get a Christmas tree.  I didn't want to constantly tell Finn "no" to pulling on the lights and ornaments.  That would not be fun for anyone.  We really haven't missed it though, Cole made me these super cute stocking hangers! He took horse shoes and welded them together.  They look amazing.  Christmas morning. was the greatest.  Finn only needed a little help ripping open his presents, but once they were open he needed convincing to move onto the next one. Cole got me some pretty sweet gifts too.  I got a Kindle Fire.  It is awesome.  I am  in a book club and the Kindle is going to come in handy.  Cole, Finn and I made it to church after our early morning.  It was a wonderful Sacrament.  The performances were excellent. After church we went home and got ready for the Elder's to come over.  Christmas is one of the few times they can talk to their families.  They got to go online and video chat with their entire family. Which means that we got to do the same thing with CADE!!!! He looks amazing in that suit and name badge.  Just being able to see him and have him meet Finn was the best Christmas gift ever.  He is doing God's work and bringing the gospel to those that haven't received it yet.  Last Christmas we got to see all our families, but this year we got to have Our Family Christmas here in our very own home.  It was terrific.  I am so excited for the next Christmas where Finn won't need any help opening his toys.  Merry Christmas everyone!
Finn finger painted for his Christmas gifts to his grandparents.  It was so fun to watch. Once I showed him that if he put his hand in the paint it would get on everything he touched he needed no further instruction.  
 It snowed a few days before Christmas and stayed until the day after.  It was so nice to have a white Christmas.
                                                            Our "tree" and stocking holders.

Finn playing with his toys from Christmas.  He loves playing with everything but the toys we had for him, until Christmas.  We played and played for hours in his room.  I love to see him happy and learning.

1 comment:

  1. ahh I love it ha ha ha I love the look he gives you! How sweet! I am glad that you guys had an awesome Christmas!! Love you and your cute family!

    ReplyDelete