Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's official! Finn is walking!

Finn has been taking steps for awhile now, but he didn't have the confidence to take off.  Not any longer.  I have no idea why, but that red ball must have given him the strength to walk on his own.  We went to an auction for our ward and their were two kids a little younger than Finn there.  They were walking every where! I was shocked.  He had been a head of them their entire development and now they were walking and he wasn't.  Well, I think Finn saw them and told himself, " If they can do it, so can I!" And he did.  I put him down thinking he would crawl and he didn't he stood up with sturdy legs and WALKED!!  Now he is walking everywhere.  He can bend over and pick something up and then while holding on to that object continue walking.  He can turn and if you chase him he can almost run.  It is amazing! We are so proud of our little man.  Yesterday we went to the beach and Finn walked up the little hills made by the kids playing in the sand.  You see how much effort he had to put in to make it over the mounds, but he did.  He fell a few times, but always got right back up and went right on walking! Everyone has said to us, " Just wait until he walks.  Then you'll be in for it."  My life really hasn't changed I am just so amazed every time he walks that I can't worry about anything else.  Way to go kido!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I LOVE that walk he is so stinking cute! Maybe Finn so encourage Mason to have some more confidence and they will walk around together . Can't wait to see u guys!!

    ReplyDelete