Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Playin around

Now that Finn can sit up by himself he loves to play.  He can reach and pull toys to himself.  It is so nice that he can do this and that I can get some stuff done. :)  A few days ago Finn and I went out to play in the little courtyard in front of our place.  They have grass and a little concrete spot.  We went on a walk first and then we colored with chalk.  I doodled a bit and then I showed Finn how to color.  He thought is was pretty fun.  He scribbled for 2 secs and then the chalk went right into his mouth! YUCK!  I pulled it out and then showed him how to color again.  2 seconds later....chalk...mouth...AGAIN! haha No more chalk.  It was a big deal.  He is in that phase now that if you take anything away from him he screams before you can give him something he can play with.  I calmed him down after several mins and put him in the grass.  He loves the feel of the grass on his toes.  He will get a big fist (or tiny fist really) full of grass and tug and tug.  What I don't understand is all the leaves and pine needles on the grass he didn't put any of it in his mouth...strange!  Today  my friend and her little girl, Hailee and Carly, went down to the river for a walk and picnic.  It was so much fun.  We walked to the beach and plopped down on the sand.  Finn even likes the the sand between his toes. He rubbed his fingers in it and then eventually he figured out he could EAT it.  Yep he did.  I let this go, because we are at the beach and naturally there is sand everywhere.  haha  We went down to the water to wash up.  I stuck his toes in and he splashed around and stuck his feet in the mud.  We had so much fun.  I think we are going back tomorrow.  Hopefully we can go when Cole doesn't work so he can get in on some of the action.  Here are some pictures of our adventures!










                                                                               
                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment